- Jojoba oil is the only oil that closely resembles human sebum. Acting as a natural moisturizer it has many benefits to your skin and hair.
- The witch hazel plants possess strong antioxidant and astringent properties, perfect for killing bacteria that lives within skin’s pores, stopping cellular damage that can lead to skin cancer, preventing signs of aging, and speeding up healing.
- Lemongrass oil comes from the tropical lemongrass plant Cymbopogon flexuosus. Lemongrass has a strong citrus scent, is a common ingredient in personal care products, and has historically been used for a multitude of health and wellness related applications. Possible health benefits may include antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties, relief of stress, anxiety and depression, and more.
- Atlantic Sea Salt Water is packed with healthy minerals such as magnesium, calcium, potassium and zinc, which are all easily absorbed by the skin. We use Atlantic sea water in both our sprays and soaps so your skin can reap all those benefits on a daily basis.
“AtlanTick has taken the important step of partnering with researchers at Acadia University to create a safe, effective, reliable tick repellent spray. Through our extensive studies and testing, we have created a formula that is proven to be effective and able to stand up to competing DEET-based repellents.”
Why does this research matter?
“The impacts of tick-borne diseases can be devastating, debilitating, life changing. The repellent products you use to protect yourself need to work. They also need to be safe to use.
Essential oils are a potent, powerful source of valuable plant compounds, and have been used to improve peoples’ health and wellness for centuries. Unfortunately, there are still many unknowns when it comes to their best use. Different combinations of oils have varying effects, and used at concentrated levels can be unsafe or even toxic.
Whether or not they are naturally derived, the safety and effectiveness of the products we apply to our bodies should not be left to chance. Our scientific studies ensure that our tick repellent uses the most effective combination of ingredients at the safest levels of dilution, so we can provide you with highly valuable tools in the fight against tick bites.
We are in the midst of registering our tick repellent with Health Canada’s Pest Management Regulatory Agency. We hope to make this valuable, innovative product available to the public in the coming year.”
Please note, AtlanTick outdoor spray is a registered cosmetic product, meant to enhance your enjoyment of the time you spend outdoors. It is refreshing, made with safe, skin-nourishing ingredients, and smells great. AtlanTick outdoor spray is not a registered insect repellent and we do not support claims to that effect.
Have complete protection with the AtlanTick Tick Kit! (sold separate $19.95)
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: Tick Remover Key Chain, Tick Removal Tweezers, Tick ID Card, Magnifying glass, Bandaids, Alcohol Swabs, Latex Gloves, Vial to Store the Tick, Sticky Roller and a 10ml Sample Bottle of AtlanTick Outdoor Spray
- PERFECT FOR DOGS AND HORSES: Our Tick Removal Tool Kit includes a Sticky Lint Roller which is perfect for protecting your 4 legged friend BEFORE they become a problem
- NEVER TWIST A TICK! You will have everything you need for safely removing ticks without twisting. Just grab with the tick nippers provided and slowly pry out
- TAKE ANYWHERE: The Tick Removal Kit can attach to your backpack, go in your glove box or simply keep in your house. It has everything you need to manage any tick issues that come up
- BETTER TOGETHER: AtlanTick offers a wide array tick related products and accessories.